Why upload lessons?
While Collabra allows you to easily record lessons directly to your cloud account (bypassing the need for storage space and time-consuming uploading), there are some instances where you may need to upload lessons manually. Perhaps you have a recording you made outside of Collabra that you want to send to your students, or perhaps you want to create a polished, edited video lesson that you’ll use over and over again. Collabra’s Upload Lesson feature allows you to manually upload lesson recordings to your Lesson Library. Also, as an added bonus, you’ll be able to add PDF attachments to lesson recordings you manually upload.
In this article, you’ll learn all about uploading lesson recordings to your Collabra instructor account and sharing them with your students.
What types of files can I upload?
You can upload audio OR video lesson recordings that are saved in the following file formats:
If you need to convert your file to one of the accepted file formats, there are many free online file converters and converter software programs available.
Note: I personally use AnyMP4 Mac Video Converter (available for $49) to convert my video files.
How to Upload Lessons (step-by-step guide)
- On the Instructor home page, click on the Upload Lesson button below the LESSONS heading.
- If you want to upload a PDF attachment to go along with the lesson recording, click on the blue Upload Attachments button on the right. This will open a file explorer window where you can select the PDF you want to upload. You can upload multiple PDF attachments, if desired.
- NOTE: You MUST do this before uploading the lesson.
- Enter a title for the lesson. (You don’t need to include the date, as lessons are automatically tagged with the date they were uploaded or recorded.)
- Click the blue Next button.
- In the popup dialogue, click the Choose Lesson button. A file explorer window will open, allowing you to choose a file from your computer.
- Once you’ve selected the file, click Open. The file will begin uploading.
- Once the file has uploaded, click Done. You will be notified that the lesson upload is complete and the lesson is now in your Lesson Library. Click Ok.
- TO ASSIGN THE LESSON: Navigate to your Lesson Library by clicking the Lesson Library button from your instructor home page (below the LESSONS heading).
- The uploaded lesson will appear at the top. Click on it to expand a preview.
- Select some students from the STUDENTS column and then click the Assign button below the lesson preview to share the lesson with them.